Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday? All ready?

Ok, so I pretty much got next to nothing accomplished this weekend... I had an extra day off because Sharon worked Saturday for me as I had to work late Friday night due to the military ball. But, I woke up at 3:30am on Saturday barely able to breathe due to post nasal drip, and just as I was ready to drop off again Brenden woke up... at 4:30... So I only got to doze while he watched Scooby on DVR until Mike got up. He took the kids to "breakfast" with Santa at Stream. I went back to sleep for a while, but it didn't really help. When I did get up it felt like someone had filled the right side of my head with pudding - completely crammed. I didn't get much done Saturday as you can imagine - dishes, 1 load of laundry washed, and straightening the livingroom was about it.

Yesterday we got hit with a snowstorm. I think we only got about 1 foot here, but it went on all day. I spent about an hour outside shoveling in two shifts. I am SOOOO out of shape. Both times I came back in barely able to breathe or stand. Dad was making lunch the first time, and I dozed off instead of eating. I woke up to Mike standing over me which meant my car was parked in the street as I hadn't managed to shovel enough for him to pull in. I'd also found that we were just above 0 on the oil tank... So when I ran to get gas in the van I had to get 10 gallons of kero as well to tide us over to today. Dad wentwith me, and pumped the van while I did the kero.

I need to go get the garbage out the door, do dishes, and shovel my way out of the driveway...
--------------

Title: Ocean of Fools
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits:
Papers and elements from the Ahoy Mateys kit by Penny Springmann.
Template from the All Purpose Tumblers Templates by Penny Springmann.
Fonts: Treasure Map Deadhand
--------------

Gotta' run!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

6 comments:

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Hi hon, Hope you're feeling better. Sorry to hear about all the snow. It's been blah here too. Well, it's the start to a new week, let's hope it's a good.
Enjoy your day!

Carolyn Albro said...

Oh you poor thing!! It sounds like you really had a miserable weekend. I'm so sorry. I hope you're feeling better and got some rest.

Your LO looks great : )

Hope you have a good Monday.

Tammy said...

OH my word girl!! I hate shoveling snow and glad I live in Florida now and don't have to worry about that.

Unknown said...

Oh - never had so much snow we have had to shovel it! No snow here at all (yet) in Northern Ireland.

Gina.Maria said...

Hope you're feeling better soon - Post-nasal drip is the worst!

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Thanks for popping by today. Hope you're feeling better. If you get a second and can send me the email that would be greatly appreciated. No rush, I know how busy you are.
Enjoy the rest of your day.