Saturday, February 28, 2009

She did it!

Micaila got her Reading Medal! With a LOT of help from Daddy, and lesser help from Mommy & Grampy! LOL Now she needs to remember to go to the Principal and count to 100 so she can get her Math Medal. She's been refusing to do that for over 3 months now because she wanted her reading one first. She and her classmate, Emma, both go their medals on Thursday, and were declared co-students of the week!

I meant to share a photo, but ummm... I forgot to upload it to Photobucket, and I'm at work so it'll have to wait.

I do have 3 LOs to share though...

Title: Garnet
Photobucket
Credits:
Papers and elements from the Something New Kit by JanaM Designs available at The DigiChick.
Photos by my dad.
Fonts: Bilbo-hand-fine

This is the male cougar at our local zoo. ;)
_______________________

Title: Once Upon a Time
Photobucket
Credits:
Papers and elements from the Heart's Desire Kit by Ladybug Graphix available at Digital Scrap Garden.
Photo by my dad. (desaturated)
Fonts: assign; Artistamp Medium
_______________________

Title: @ home
Photobucket
Credits:
**All items available in the February Grab Bag**
Background from the Very Dirty Girl Paper Pack by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
Overlay from the On The Edge Overlay Pack by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
Mask for shape behind photos from the Photo Masks II Set by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
Paper used with mask from the Very Dirty Boy Paper Pack by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
Frame from the Grunged Frames Set by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
"@" from the Oopsies Alpha by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
"home" from the Through Thick and Thin Alpha by Kiki Halbert Designs available at Plain Digital Wrapper.
Photos by me.
Fonts: Arrus BT

The ribbon around her neck is the Reading Medal which she has worn around the house for two nights in a row! LOL
_______________________

I called in sick to work yesterday. I VERY seldom do this. In fact, I think I've called in sick twice in the 2 years I've been working this job. I'd been fighting this headcold all week, and each day seemed to feel a little worse. I figured since I can't call in sick on Saturday ( no one else works), and I felt like doo on Friday morning I'd better take the day to try to get better. Dad stayed so I didn't have to worry about Brenden, and I ended up taking about a 4 hr nap in the middle of the day. I do feel better today than I have since Tuesday - despite being wide awake from 3am-5:30am this morning...

I need to type up a mailing list so I'm off again! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

:)

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Way to go Micaila!!!! Good for you!!!!
:D

'doing a happy dance for her!!
Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

gabs-art said...

oh that's great! lovely layouts as well. loving especially the last one.

Lynn said...

beautiful layouts! I especially love the artsy look of the last one. have a good rest of the day!