Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!!!

Micaila turns 6 today!! Well, actually she turned 6 at 1:29am, but who's counting?!? LOL I made a batch of strawberry cupcakes last night, and frosted them with strawberry frosting and then added some sprinkles per her instructions. What's so funny is that she's a die-hard chocolate girl. We're having a party with her school friends at the zoo tomorrow. Part of the party included the cake which is chocolate with chocolate frosting... And, she wants a dalmation cake because she wanted a LPS theme this year so Grampy's decorating one of those for her...

I took today and tomorrow off to celebrate with her. Today they actually have a Smile Day assembly at 2pm which means I get to go! Smile Day Assemblies have been going on at least since I went to school in Philly. They're a mix of singing, awards, presentations, etc. for and with the kids. In fact, I sang a solo at one when I was a few years older than Micaila. My Grampy taught me the song I'm Looking Over a 4 Leaf Clover, and I sang it to the school. His 96th birthday would have been Wednesday, and I still miss him a lot.

Tomorrow we're having her party with her school friends at the local zoo. It was actually the cheapest place in town, and as Dad's a member he got a discount which helps. The party includes 2 large cheese pizzas, the cake, juice, a guided tour of the zoo (Which Micaila could probably guide almost as well as the zoo employees!! LOL), demonstrations with 3 animals of her choosing from a list of about 20, all paper products, a small party favor for each child, all setup and tear down, 2 hours classroom rental, and admission for up to 25 people. Additional guests are allowed in at a reduced rate if they aren't zoo members (in which case it's free). My kids are at the zoo with Grampy so often that they're on a first-name basis with sveeral of the zoo employees!! LOL

I wanted a pic of her this morning, and she insisted it include me...
Photobucket
--------------------------------------

On to other news... If you look to the right do you see it??


The new link???


Under My CTs???


I've applied several times, but to be honest I send all CT apps from gmail so I can get the response asap no matter where I am so it's entirely possible not all of the apps got through... But, this time I got accepted!!! To Royanna's CT! I'm now a POSH Princess!! [insert dancing smilie here]

I use her overlays a TON, and the bow in the template freebie from earlier in the week is one of her CU products as well. Not that I don't love her PU products as well. I just tend to focus my LOs on my CT work more than anything else. I'm trying to mix it up a little more this year so I can "play" as well as "work"! :D
--------------------------

And, Kristine just got a new kit up in the store this morning... Kissed is perfect for those Valentine's projects/LOs or almost anything else! I'll be using it with some pics of Micaila and her strawberry-strawberry cupcakes if I can get any... :D

Photobucket

Well, that's it from me atm. Gotta' go grab a cake mix so I can bake it, and have it cooled for Dad to decorate tonight while we're out to dinner..

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love the photo too.... Just stopping by to say hi, and wish you a wonderful weekend!! {{HUGS}}

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! It sounds like it will be an awesome day at school and the cupcakes sound so yummy!

Kristine said...

Love the pic of you two!!!

Thanks for the pimping! Didn't get it into the store before I blogged this morning. My brain doesn't function properly without coffee..lol

Have a BLAST at the ceremony and at the zoo! Sounds fun! Can I come too?!

niki said...

happy b-day to your cutie! and congrats on becoming POSH!