Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It doesn't rain, but what it BLIZZARDS!!!!

Sheesh! We had rain going again this morning at 5:30am... which turned to freezing rain... which turned to snow... with HIGH winds... We have a "Winter Weather Advisory" in effect until 6am tomorrow morning. With almost 1000 customers in the county having no power due to downed lines... AND, all vehicles under 60,000 lbs being banned from the TI Bridge due to high winds. YUCK!!!

Add to that the fact that my co-worker pointed out to me yesterday afternoon that there was a puddle of fluids where my car had been parked in the morning... So I had to drop it off at the mechanic's this morning... The yokels at the Super WalMart stripped my drain plug on my oil pan when they did the oil change Thursday night. (Don't get me wrong the older of my two brothers was (and should still be) a manager at one of the Super WalMart Car Care Centers so I KNOW they aren't all yokels, but still... Blayne's only not a manager now because he had to transfer stores when they moved from VA to UT.)

BUT, WAIT... THERE"S MORE!!! Just outside of town my ABS light comes on... a mile further down the road my radio COMPLETELY cuts out - no power... about a mile later every time I step on the brakes my Air Bag light comes on, and then flashes several times before shutting off when I let off the brake... as I'm turning into the mechanic's parking lot the ETS light goes on... Turns out my alternator is almost dead as well!

My car IS 10 yrs old, but at this point it is more of a Frankenstein... You'd think it could give me a month or two btwn major issues?!?!
---------------

I didn't have time this morning to upload any photos to share, but I do plan to share 1 or 2 of Micaila's cake and opening presents. I also have 1 or 2 of the drive in this morning... SOOOOOOO much fun!

And, I did finish the pages for the 2nd CJ before I ran out the door this morning. I didn't have time to upload the photo of it though, and am still waiting to find out who it has to be mailed to... The person it belongs to I believe. Dad dropped off the other two I had at the PO for me this morning after dropping me at work so the hostess should have them by Friday at the latest.
--------------

My baby girl is 5 today! Not much else to report, and I'm trying to post this quick while the boss is out to lunch so I leave you with another blogthing...

Your 80s Hunk Is
John Stamos


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

Jen U said...

Wow what a day *hugs* Hope everything gets better for you soon! Sorry about the car too.

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Awww, hon you need a hug! I'm sorry your car is being such a pita for you. That's a bummer. And I'm sure that the weather's not helping either. If you got what we had overnight, WOW, watch out. I feel for you. Keep warm and stay off any bridges. Stop by and play my game tonight. No one seems to love me now I can't get to their blog during the day. :(

Kristine said...

Aw sorry to hear your day was the pits. I hate Lemon cars too...mine just got towed...bluck...

Here's hoping tomorrow is better!!!