Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush...

Ever feel like you're on a merry-go-round that just won't STOP??? Every week I count the days down 'til Sunday... and then watch Sunday fly by! Today we were planning to go to the Burrville Cider Mill with my sister and her kids, but they thought we were going apple picking so I'm really not sure what's going on for the day. Still waiting for a call from her...
----------------------

The kids have suddenly started demanding dinner at the kitchen table. I know this will probably horrify some of you, but Mike and I have always been more relaxed - having dinner in the livingroom while we watch tv. That didn't change with kids so they've grown up (so far) doing the same. For the last two days they've demanded we sit at the kitchen table to eat dinner though. Wierd...
----------------------

I spent a large portion of the afternoon and evening yesterday scanning more of the negatives we rescued from my grandparent's house before it was burned to the ground by jerks. Some of them seem to be lost causes, but others are coming out awesome! Keep in mind these negatives are upwards of 58 years old... Here are some of the best from yesterday so far:

Grampy, Uncle Alvin, and two others I don't know
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gram, Uncle Alvin, and Dad
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grampy, Uncle Alvin, and Dad
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I haven't finished processing them all yet.
-----------------------

I walked over to the trestle across the road from Mom & Dad's last night with the kids to take some sunset pictures. The kids decided to stay at Mom & Dad's while I went to take the pictures which is probably just as well since I got passed by several 4-wheelers while taking them. I used the pictures to create the only LO I got done yesterday which is the last challenge for September...

Title: Say Goodbye To Summer
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits:
Papers from the Basically Orange Paper Pack by Traci Murphy Designs available at Funky Playground Designs.
Frame from Painted Frames by Traci Murphy available at Funky Playground Designs.
Fonts: FG Crys; Gommogravure

Pictures from a walk the kids and I took. LO completes the Sept Week 4 Monday Mixer Challenge at DD.
-----------------------------
I have to go finish getting ready for our outing: do the dishes, get the garbage together, and get dressed. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

PS - For those that were interested in the mini kit I posted the 4shared link at the bottom of yesterday's post! :)

1 comment:

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Sorry to hear of the tragedy with the fire. I hope that you are able to get more from the negatives, they are priceless photos. Hope you enjoyed your Sunday.