Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday again...

Ok, so bad me - I never got back here to post later in the day yesterday! LOL Honestly I was just too tired to bother. Saturday night between Brenden and neighbors I didn't get more than a half hour of sleep at any point between 10:30pm & 3:45am. I finally laid Brenden down in his bed at 3:45am, and managed to sleep until 6:30am when Mike shut the door on his way to work. So by the time Mike got home from work I needed a nap - and took a 3 hr one...

On to other things... The kids had a great time at Behling's yesterday. We picked 61 lbs. of apples. Now to find a recipe for apple jelly for some of these... Micaila's all ready declared we need an apple pie (which I haven't made in at least 3 years) and Brenden wants applesauce, but with 61 lbs. I think we need another option as well! LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Both kids rode full sizes HORSES yesterday as well! I thought they'd balk because they's only ever been on a small shetland pony once before, but they were great!

Micaila with Dolly
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Brenden with Rainbow Warrior (aka Bo)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I completed 1 LO for the Template Challenge at DSO after getting home Saturday, 1 for the Element Challenge at DSO & my Font Challenge at SDD, and 1 LO Sunday morning just for me 'cause it got stuck in my head! LOL

Title: Nora's 12th Birthday
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits:
Paper & elements from the Country Time Kit by Kathie Woolery of KT Scraps available at Digitals.
Fonts: 2Peas Gifts; Mom's Typewriter

My sister's 12th birthday cake. LO completes the Template Challenge at DSO.

Title: Low Bridge
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits:
Paper & elements from the It's A Kid's Life Mega Kit by Royanna Fritschman, Dede Smith, and Wolf Randolph.
Photo by my dad.
Fonts: 1942

Brenden goofing ar
ound at the playground. LO completes the Element Challenge at DSO & my Font Challenge at SDD.

Title: 7 Wonders
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits:
Paper & word art (recolored) from the It's A Kid's Life Mega Kit by Royanna Fritschman, Dede Smith, and Wolf Randolph.
Frame from PSP 11.

3 comments:

Deena said...

WOW!! 61lbs of apples, that is some serious apples LOL Definitely a pie is in order!! And now I want some apple pie haha...

Great layouts, I especially love the low bridge one, very cute!!

Amanda said...

Looks like y'all had a great time at the apple orchard. Don't forget apple dumpling and apple turnovers too. I saw apple bread in little local store today.

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

My vote is for apple bread. Wow 61 lbs. is a lot of apples. Cute photos though. Love the layouts too.