Friday, October 5, 2007

Question of the day... and a rant

Sorry, I'm running REALLY late today... I had to start this at home, and then wait for the boss to go to lunch to finish it! (YIKES!)
--------------------------------------------------
The question...

Do you use quick pages? If so, do you use them for yourself or as gifts?

I don't tend to use them unless it is for CT work at the designer's request, but I know a lot of paper scrappers who've asked me where to find great free ones! I like to design them from my pages for my CTs. In fact, tomorrow I'll have not 1, but 2 QPs for those who wish to snag them! Be sure to stop by tomorrow!



---------------------------------------------------
The rant...

So, if your neighbor is doing something repeatedly at a specific time which interrupts your sleep and annoys you wouldn't you speak to them the 2nd or third day to find out why, or ask them to stop? Apparently my neighbor has been hoarding his anger for two weeks because he thinks we're honking our car horn at 5:30am every morning.

Mind you - when confronted with this at 7:45pm last night I pointed out that neither of us are in a car in our driveway at that time. My husband leaves for work at 3:30am or 4:30am every day except Sunday when he leaves closer to 6:30am. (He also has Wednesdays and Saturdays off.) I also explained that he was probably hearing a different neighbor across the road from us who has a car alarm that goes off when they use their key ring to unlock it. These neighbors have only been in that apartment for less than 6 months - in fact I believe it's closer to 2 months. We've lived in our house for 15 months.

He went to speak with them. They claimed they have no idea what he is talking about so he came back, and got even more beligerent with me. To the point where I could hear his voioce echoing back off the house across the road. He was "just giving [us] a heads-up" that he and his wife were leaving for the weekend, and if this continued next week he'd be "tracking it down, and we'd have issues". This man has run for county offices several times, and has not once spoken to either of us in the last 15 months. Great personality let me tell you... I hope he does track it down to the jerks across the street who kept me up about a week ago with their yelling, but chances are they'll be smart enough to stop using their key ring to open the car so he keeps blaming us...

Just how I wanted to end my evening...
---------------------------------------------

I didn't get much done in the way of scrapping last night. Between the neighbor issues and Brenden restarting my pc when I wasn't looking the 1 LO I completed this morning was worked on for over 12hrs...



Title: Mums

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Credits:

Papers, buttons, frame cluster and flower scroll from the Gypsy Garden Kit by Cyndi Wetmiller of Wetfish Designs.

Photos by me.

Fonts: aka Frivolity

----------------------------------------------



Not much else to say today. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

Sounds like we're both having the same kind of day - bad. Hope yours gets better.

**-Diane

PsiPsi said...

just stopped by and love what I see*lol*
I use quickpages sometimes when I need a fast layout
what I love is to create them*lol*
psi

Tracy said...

Hope you get that neighbor taken care of...what a jerk!

As far as QPs, I love to make them, but never use them.